In the context of our event "From Residual to Recyclable Material: The Multiple Paths of Upcycling", different processes of material upgrading as well as different mass flows will be considered. The range extends from farm fertilizers to streams from wastewater treatment and used fats to polymers and used wood.
"Bioeconomics – but not without Miscanthus"more
As one of the global megatrends, digitization and automation are changing people's lives and economic activity at high speed and in a dramatic way. Horticultural value creation networks are also influenced by this in many ways. The sooner horticulture actively addresses this future topic, the sooner it will be possible to profitably exploit the opportunities offered by this development and identify and overcome the challenges ahead.more
Why should scientists seek dialogue with the public? How do research topics get into the media? What makes good science communication? And what platforms and channels do scientists have to communicate directly with the public? Young academics from science, technology and communication can tackle these and other questions with experts from research and science communication practice.more
„Digital unterwegs“ – E-Marketing für Life Science Unternehmenmore
The symposium will take place together with the V. International Humulus Symposium (IHS) and VIII. International Symposium on Human Health Effects of Fruits and Vegetables (FAV Health).more
Contributions and presentations will be given on following topics:
• Synthetic, alternative fuels by utilization of regenerative electricity and carbon dioxide
• System perspective & sustainable value chains
• Impact of renewable fuels on environment, economics, and society
• Catalytic synthesis and conversion of biomass-based streams in combination with other renewable resources to platform molecules and fuels
• Combustion process and exhaust gas aftertreatment optimization of renewable fuels
• Mixture formation and ignition process of renewable fuels
Moreover, highly recognized experts from both academia and industry will be giving keynote lectures addressing all the fields mentioned above.